Monday 30 June 2014

Crystal growing

During the holidays, our Science teacher instructed us to grow sugar crystals for our holiday homework. It was an interesting experiment for me. I'm going to show you the procedures I followed to grow my crystal.

Procedures

1. Put a 3:1 sugar to water ratio into a pan.
2. Heat up the pan and stir the sugar until all of it dissolves and you get a hot solution.
3. Pout the solution into a glass jar or a thermal flask.
4. Tie a string to a wooden chopstick and tie the other end of the string to a seed crystal or a metal clip.
5. Suspend the string into the solution.
6. Keep the glass jar in a place where it will not be disturbed.
7. You should get results in about 1-3 days:D

Here is a video I found on YouTube. You can refer to it if you want to grow sugar crystals.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment